Calling all MINT yogis! We’re excited to announce FIVE new yoga classes, all of which will start this weekend (October 8 and 9).
The first three classes, which will take place on Saturdays, are geared towards young families at MINT (prenatal yoga and MINTkids classes!) The next two classes, which will happen on Sundays, are for yogi newbies and yoga lovers who need some extra time to sleep in on Sundays! Read on for more details!
NEW on Saturdays:
- Mamas at MINT – Prenatal Yoga – Sunday class recently moved to Saturday at 9 in the main studio at MINT Dupont with Kate Miller. Prenatal yoga gives mamas the important time and space to relax and feel more comfortable with their changing bodies, as well as to deepen the growing relationship with their baby. This class is open to all levels of yoga experience, during any stage of pregnancy. Each class includes alignment based yoga instruction to help with the common aches and pains associated with with being pregnant. While building strength and flexibility in the body, concentration and mindfulness techniques will help prepare for birth and parenthood. This class is lead by Kate Miller, certified prenatal yoga teacher, professional birth doula and childbirth educator. As a birth worker, Kate weaves her knowledge of comfort measures and laboring techniques into her classes. If you’re expecting, you won’t want to miss this class to help support your pregnancy, birth and baby!
- MINTkids: Yoga for Movers and Tots (crawling – age 4) – new time, new location, new teacher! Saturdays, 10:15 am in the new Barre Studio at MINT Dupont with Moriah Childers. Yoga for Tots is a class for crawlers, movers, and preschoolers along with parent or care-giver. Explore yoga together! Learn yoga songs, games and poses that you will enjoy together and be able to practice at home! For children from crawling to age 4.
- MINTkids: Yoga for Big Kids (age 4 to 6) – new class for MINT’s slightly older kiddos. Saturdays, 11:15 in the new Barre Studio at MINT Dupont with Moriah Childers. Yoga for Big Kids is a class for kids around 4 years old and up with a care-giver. Older siblings are welcome, but please let your instructor know first. Explore yoga together! Learn yoga songs, games and poses that you will enjoy together and be able to practice at home!
NEW on Sundays:
- Fundamentals of Flow (beginners welcome!) – new class to introduce students to the basics of vinyasa flow class, Sundays, 10 am (i hour) in the main studio at MINT Dupont with Kristin Adair.
- Vinyasa Flow (mixed levels) – Sunday flow class with adjustments for all levels, Sunday, 11:10 am (75 min) the main studio at MINT Dupont with Kristin Adair. We will start this class as mixed levels and if we find that we can ramp up to a more intermediate or advanced class we can make that adjustment as needed.
Both of these classes (and all yoga classes at MINT) are included with MINT class-access memberships. Non-members can purchase our traditional class packages.
Learn more about our yoga program, our amazing yoga instructors and browse our full yoga schedule at both studios here.