COME HERE OFTEN?
Meet Your MINT Cycle Team! Did you know that MINT Cycle instructors….
• Have competed in Iron Mans, marathons, 200-hour yoga certification courses, cross-country bike rides AND their high school marching band?
• Work in social justice, public health, law, documentary filmmaking, politics, research and museums?
• Love to cross train? Check us out in your favorite Intensity, Flex, Dance Fitness and Mind Body classes.
• Eat a combined 4 million calories a month? (This is fake news. We tried calculating it, but honestly, we can’t. Eating is the best, though. We recommend it.)
• Have been to every continent except Antarctica?
HELP ME, I’M CONFUSED!
Not sure which cycling format best suits you? Or tried cycling before and think it’s not your jam? We have a class for everyone, and we’re working to standardize our form and resistance cues, our class designs and our use of the PIQ system so you’re guaranteed a great ride, every time! Every MINT cycle instructor is certified to help you with bike set up, heart rate monitoring and whatever else you need in class, so please, never be afraid to ask!
• MINTRide: Forty-five or 60 minutes of hills, sprints, jumps, breakaways, switchbacks and more – most closely modeled to a road ride.
• Intervals Express Ride: A high-intensity pace-pushing workout in 30 minutes!
• Rhythm Ride: A dance party on the bike, complete with bike-safe choreography and arm weights!
• Tour de MINT: Forty-five minutes of endurance modeled after the famous bike race!
• MINTFuze: Half cycle, half Power Playground, this hour-long class gets your cardio and your strength training done all at once!
PENCIL US IN!
You may have noticed some schedule changes at both the Dupont and Downtown locations recently. We’re working to incorporate lots of member feedback and increase class attendance. Dupont now has a standard weeknight schedule (except Fridays) and classes at 9am, 10am, and 11am on Saturday/Sunday, as well as the 5pm Bike and Barre format on Sundays. Downtown has an earlier morning class on Monday/Wednesday now, and a standard weeknight schedule (except Fridays), plus MINTFuze on Friday mornings. If you have more feedback, please email Cycle Director Ori Korin at firstname.lastname@example.org. We know change is hard, so we’ll keep experimenting with the schedule and appreciate your patience while we work to accommodate as many people as possible!
DJ, TURN IT UP!
Are you following your MINT Cycle team members on Spotify? We love requests from riders! Be sure to check us all out on Instagram and Twitter too – WE’RE FUN! Here are a couple of our favorite jams this month:
• “Beyonce – Sorry Remix” by Chris Billings
• “Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams Remix” by DJ DeepInk
• “No Roots” by Alice Merton
• “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
• “Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do” Remix by Andy Wu feat. Britney Spears
• “Show Me” by John Splithoff and Madison Ryan Ward
• “7” by Prince
• “Highs and Lows – The Wild Remix” by Emeli Sandé
• “Stand By Me – Good for Nothing B-More Mix” by Ben E. King
• “Instruction” by Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato and Stefflon Don
• “Feel” by Enamour
LET’S TAKE THIS OUTSIDE
If you love to ride indoors but it’s been years since you took it to the streets, why not give it a go? Indoor cycling is based on outdoor cycling. Grab a helmet, practice on a track or some quiet side streets, and go on…feel that wind in your face! No better place to ride to than your favorite cycling class at MINT!
26.2 AND YOU!
Bust out your favorite “I Hate Running” t-shirt and get in on our second marathon ride on Saturday, October 21 from 9:00am to 11:00am! The first 45 minutes will be the regularly scheduled MINT Ride, and then the marathon crew will do another 75-minute endurance ride for a full two hours of hard-core riding, and racking up 20-30 miles on that bike. We promise your PIQ stats will be Instagram-worthy. Sign up online!