NOW HIRING: MINT Marketing and Communications Director
- Part time at 15 to 20 hours per week, with advancement opportunity
- Position can start immediately
- $25,000 annual salary to start
- After 90 days, subject to consideration of increase in hours, responsibilities, and compensation for exemplary performance.
The part time Marketing Director (MD) serves as a central point for all company marketing and communications; organizing and coordinating marketing efforts across all resources, and continuously identifies, and works with others to identify, additional mediums to promote MINT.
Qualified applicants have excellent organizational and intrapersonal skills, and are able to effectively juggle multiple pieces within multiple projects.
The MD works with, and answers to, Patrick as CEO; collaboration with other staff is required, while keeping time and energy focused on macro company goals.
A Marketing Assistant is in place, who assembles email campaigns, makes basic website updates, reports marketing statistics, and several other regular tasks.
Projected-based Q1/Q2 2016:
- Launch/re-launch ‘Flash Classes’- outside classes in popular public areas around the city
- Identify a corporate partner for the events to maximize exposure
- Organize the event details, participate until the program can mostly run on it’s own
- Create entire marketable campaigns both large and small, and manage the entirety of the logistics
- Identify internal and external mediums to promote and lead execution of such promotion
- Create physical and digital promotional material
- Identify and procure prizes
- Manage all other details and logistics
- Examples of past campaigns include:
- Maintain, Don’t Gain- a holiday based challenge to get to the gym, which included guest access
- Cycle challenge- most classes taken in a month
- MINT 10 year anniversary celebrations- 10 days for 10 years in which community partners had a presence at the clubs
- New dedicated barre studio opening celebration
- Meet the personal trainers event
- Open houses at the facilities
- Personal Training promotions (most/all months)
- Membership promotions (most/all months)
- Work closely with MINT’s ambassador team and team leader (team consists of approximately 15 individuals working about 1-2 hours per week for MINT on an independent basis)
- Leverage the team’s creativity and availability to coordinate and communicate with current and prospective partners
- Encourage the team to create and be present at events
- Track the teams overall productivity
- Lead social media content gathering and posting
- Lead blog management
- Solicit submissions from staff and community
- Edit and post submissions
- Organize weekly blog update email (MINTy Fresh update)
- Lead and coordinate communications
- Weekly GM & Program update/newsletter
- Weekly Staff update/newsletter
- Minty fresh update
- App pushes
- Website updates
- All other communication mediums, including identifying additional mediums.
- Thoroughly proofread and edit all outgoing communications
- Work with general resources, such as
- Graphic design and print vendor (currently Basecamp)
- Sign vendor (currently Affordable Signs)
- Shared online docs and spreadsheets
- Logistical management of misc. marketing-related items, such as but not necessarily limited to:
- Coordinating headshot sessions and communication and accountability to staff
- Receive various forms from staff, coordinate pieces accordingly (such as event promotion requests)
- As needed, coordinate with photographers
- Field third party requests, both directly and forwarded by others, for marketing related topics and opportunites
- (for example a request to partner with a blog, app developer, a vendor who may be able to drive business to MINT, etc)
- Administration of various third party marketing and promotional services
Schedule and Meetings:
- The MD works largely independently using their own computer and determining their own workspace
- A presence in the MINT facilities is required:
- For events
- Ongoing regular presence of at least 2-3 minimum hours per week to members/clients to best understand their wants and needs, and general ‘vibe’ of the clientele
- Ongoing regular presence as needed to touch base with key staff, such as marketing assistant, club General Managers, personal trainers, and other staff
- Once-monthly meetings with CEO and/or others to review work, progress updates, strategize, etc.
- Room for advancement exists as MINT is growing as a company; full time employment is a possibility
- This is a 1099 subcontractor position
No specific meeting schedule will be implemented to start; MD works mainly via email, shared online docs, and phone/conference calls as needed. A regular meeting agenda may be needed in time.
To Apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to: PJMINT@GMAIL.COM