From greeting and checking in class members, helping clients purchase memberships, and refilling our minty water – the Studio Sales Assistant is a pivotal part of our daily operation and client success. This position incorporates customer service, sales, organization and logistics.
MINT boutique gyms/studios have been setting the trend in fitness and wellness for 12 years. We are the only facility to provide top-quality classes across all fitness genres (Box, Cycle, Barre, HIIT, Yoga, and more) combined with fully equipped cardio and weight rooms. We do this with a responsive disposition and in studios that immediately put the outside world behind. You won’t find ‘types’ here; we welcome everyone who values a quality experience. We are constantly asked if we are from California (which we aren’t BTW, we’re homegrown in DC). When you walk in, MINT feels different – healthy, clean and room to breathe and be you!
Find us at mintdc.com
We are seeking hard-working individuals who are able to carry out the technical components of our studios, as well as provide top-notch guest services and sell the MINT experience, all while maintaining a positive and outgoing attitude. We look for friendly and organized people who have a passion for fitness. Genuine smiles and warm hellos are required!
· Greet each and every guest with a warm hello and friendly smile
· Share and sell membership options and class packages to interested guests – follow through with the sales process as needed.
· Set up the studio for each new class
· Smooth class check-in process
· Be proficient with our software
· Answer phone calls and assist with class registration
· Be a gatekeeper for studio processes
· Maintain studio cleanliness and tidiness
· Refill minty water pitchers
· Engaging all guests proactively – greetings, motivation and support
· Communicate and exude MINT brand priorities in all that you do
· Work towards team goals in a positive and collaborative manner
· Be willing to complete all duties assigned by your manager
· Passion for health and wellness while exuding positive energy
· Previous sales experience is helpful, but not required as we provide training
· Detail oriented and highly organized
· Multi-task in high paced environment
· Collaborative skills and performance driven team attitude
· Effective communicator, well spoken and mannered
· Friendly, outgoing personality is a must
· Use down time to prepare for busy periods – understand the importance and prioritize this.
· Combination of team-work, and completely independent solo work required.
· Ability to bend, reach, stand for long periods and lift/carry equipment a minimum of 25lbs.
Schedule and Compensation:
· Flexibility to work a combination of mornings, daytimes, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
· Part Time or Full Time positions
· Weekly commitments of between 14 – 40 hours per week.
· Following up on sales may require 5-10 minutes a day outside of your regular work shifts (with client contact ranging from
phone calls, text or email)
· Our studio hours range from 5am-11pm most days of the year!
· Flexibility to work in our other studios within a reasonable commute
· $14 per hour + team sales bonuses
* (Training period pays $12.50/hour and training generally takes 45-65 days depending upon the person)
· Free classes and club membership
· We look for a one year commitment to the position
· Complimentary class and gym access on a walk in basis, to all MINT locations
· Progression opportunities in a growing company; we primarily promote from within
· Flexible schedules
· Unique and low-stress work environment
· Work environment that is motivating and supportive of your wellness goals
· Make a real difference in people’s lives!
· Community partner discounts and events
· Wear yoga pants to work
Shifts currently available at the MINT Dupont & Studio locations:
Weekday Mornings: Mondays through Friday 5am-8:15/9am or 5am-12 (or combined 5am-12noon)
Weekday Daytime: Mondays and Fridays, 12-5/6pm
Weekday Evenings: Mondays through Fridays, 5:30pm-8:30/9pm
Weekends: Saturdays and Sundays, variations of 7am-2pm, 2pm-9pm and overlap shifts in between.
Weekends at Studio (only): Saturdays and Sundays, 8am-2:30pm or 8am-11 and 11-3pm
* Send a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this position + resume.
Send to: email@example.com
* Include your specific hours and days of weekly availability.
* Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
* We require a commitment of between 14 hours and 40 hours per week (two shifts a week ongoing is minimum requirement).
* Tell us how many hours you are looking to work consistently each week