As outdoor temperatures drop, let MINT be your cozy winter oasis. In addition to the amazing instructor-led workouts and various machines and weights, MINT offers special member amenities that will keep you warm all season long.
Saunas are available in the men’s and women’s locker rooms – have you tried them yet? Saunas produce dry heat. Unlike a steam room, humidity levels remain low, but the heated room is designed to make you sweat.
There are many benefits to a quick sauna session after working out:
- The steady heat can help improve blood flow and cardiovascular function.
- The sauna can also decrease recovery time after intense exercise, alleviating pain and soreness.
- There are also benefits to skin health. Increased blood circulation can make the skin appear firmer and draws nutrients to the surface. At the same time, heat helps open up pores, expelling toxins.
- Looking beyond the physical benefits, it’s simply relaxing. Taking a few minutes of your day to sit in a warm, quiet room can help boost mental health in the winter months when it’s cold and dark outside.
While we encourage you to try the sauna for yourself, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- It is not recommended to use the sauna for longer than 15-20 minutes, though a shorter session (5-10 minutes) is recommended if you are new to it.
- Be sure to pay extra attention to your hydration when you use the sauna, and increase water intake if you sweat more than usual.
- If you feel dizzy, lightheaded, fatigued, or nauseous, exit the sauna immediately.
- People who are pregnant or have certain health conditions should not use a sauna. Always check with a medical practitioner before using a sauna if you are unsure about any health effects.
To access the sauna and all the other amazing benefits MINT has to offer, find the membership option that works best for you. From unlimited gym time + classes to monthly class packs, there’s something for everyone.