The situation with COVID-19 is serious. And so is keeping up our activity and well being; MINT has always been a place to not only keep up your physical fitness, but also provide a community outlet. During times like this we need both more than ever. We are committed to keeping our facilities clean and safe, so to that end MINT is OPEN! With so many people working remotely, club attendance is spread out, try coming in during a time you normally don’t! Keep in mind that MINT has always offered more space per member and much greater cleanliness than the typical fitness environment.
A few of our latest action items include:
- Facilities continue to be cleaned like crazy in detailed fashion and prioritizing all high-touch surfaces
- Instructors are taking as many classes as possible outside – onto the field across from MINT Dupont, or in some other close-by outdoor location. We will be announcing those in advance via the digital schedule when possible, as well as posting a sign on the front door for outdoor lineup.
- If you are not comfortable coming in, we are working to post online workouts that you can do at home- check back on our social channels.
- Classes are focusing on body-weight exercises to minimize sharing of equipment.
- Class late-cancel and no-show fees will be waived if you are not feeling well; just email GM Bresni@mintdc.com
- To maximize social distancing, we have greatly reduced capacity in classes and put a number of machines out of service
- Some classes have been cancelled temporarily
Of course, it takes a village, please:
- Don’t come in if you don’t feel well, or if another one of your regular gathering spots is closed due to known COVID-19 infection.
- Wash your hands often, even duck into the bathroom during your workouts to wash up.
- Wear workout or other gloves to the gym.
- Make sure that tissues, etc. make it immediately to the trash can.
- Use our anti-bacterial wipes, and let the front desk know if they are low or out.
- Keep yourself healthy with plenty of hydration, rest, manage your stress, and stay active.
Transparently, this situation is very hard on MINT as a company. If you are considering quitting or freezing your membership, we ask that you reconsider; every membership counts in a small ‘mom and pop’ company like ours, and we want to ensure that our awesome staff retains their income. Many thanks.
Do you feel that we are doing enough? We’d love to hear from you.
Director of Programming Kathryn@mintdc.com