Due to the pandemic, many of us have been utilizing at home/live streaming workouts for almost a year now. We wanted to share some of our WFH (workout-from-home ?) best practices so you can make the most out of your workouts!
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. We’ve found that if your internet speed is 20+ Mbps then your live-stream class should successfully stream without any connectivity issues.
- When possible, use a computer/tablet with a large screen or connect your device to a TV or large monitor. This allows you to get the full value and experience out of the training.
- We understand that space at home can sometimes be limited, especially in a city. When possible, if you have space with at least 12 Ft By 12 Ft of space you’ll be able to gracefully burpee, star-jump, and more without knocking any of your valuables over.
- Stay hydrated! Just as if you were in a class in the gym we recommend having water nearby and a towel in your space.
- Limit distractions. Whether you’re working out from home or working from home distractions are everywhere. Just like you would for work, limit distractions when working out to make the most out of your “me time.”
- Not every class will recommend equipment however some will. Any equipment needed can be found in the class description. If the equipment is needed for class we recommend having it ready for the session prior to the start of class.
- If you choose to have your camera on for your live-stream class we recommend standing 6-8 Feet away from the camera. This allows your camera to capture full body which helps the instructors make sure everyone in the class is safe and using proper form.
- For those that have wireless headphones use them! This will help make sure you don’t miss a beat in class and can hear the instructor loud and clear without any distractions.
- Pick a well-lit space for your workout. This helps with the visibility on camera and prioritizes your safety while working out at home.
- Our new virtual fitness platform Virdio can be accessed through the web browser but there is also a remote app for your computer, tablet, and phone.
- Most importantly, have fun! Our talented team of instructors have worked tirelessly over the past several months to make sure the MINT workouts you’ve come to know and love are just as impactful, challenging, and fun as they’ve always been in person.
Questions? Please email Lindsay@mintdc.com.