We know you are as eager as us to get back in the club, let’s do this safely together! While we anticipate DC to soon approve health club reopenings, we are getting everything ready for you.
Your safety is our #1 priority and we are focused like a laser. Since opening in 2006 MINT has earned a reputation for cleanliness. Our cleaning standards have only increased through the years, and are increasing again substantially at both facilities as we prepare to reopen our doors. Our overnight cleaning team has already been cleaning the club daily. Our basic business structure has always emphasized ‘quality over quantity’, which means our already-limited volume compared to traditional ‘gyms’ naturally limits member exposure.
Here are a few things to know about our plans:
- Our number 1 priority is to keep you safe while in the gym. Contingent on government information, our goal will be to offer ample opportunities to visit MINT, take classes, and work out with your personal trainer.
- Your check-in will be touchless.
- Our front desk staff is being trained to be part of the cleaning team and you will see them all around the facility doing just that.
- Look for a welcome back/safety screening form, which will be required to be completed 24+ hours before reentering. Questions like have you traveled recently, had any chance of being exposed to COVID-19, have you had any symptoms, etc. This form will NOT be available in the club.
- Gym time will require advanced registration (no drop-ins) and volume will be limited per social distancing guidelines.
- We plan to safely offer a limited number of in-person classes both indoors and outdoors and across all genres. When it is possible and safe we will ramp-up the volume of classes. Please note that attendance per class will be limited to allow proper social distancing. As per our regular procedures, all in-person classes will require advanced registration (no drop-ins).
- Some member amenities will phase in and not be available at first. Please plan accordingly as the following will not be available immediately upon reopening: showers, lockers, coffee, sauna, childcare, lounge area, MINTy water, and facecloths.
- During this closure, we have installed a new ‘touchless’ water fountain at MINT Dupont. A ‘touchless’ water fountain has already been available at MINT 14th St.
- If you have borrowed equipment, we will be calling for it to be returned soon; please plan accordingly; returned equipment will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Everyone entering the club will be required to wear their own mask while inside the club and waiting to enter.
We can’t wait to see you! #POWERthrough