Never taken a MINT signature Power Playground class but always wanted to? Check out these tips from our Cycling Director and Power Playground instructor Ori Korin before jumping into your first class!
- HYDRATE! (Don’t follow Ori’s lead, hydrate with water, not iced coffee – iykyk)
- Get your Life Together: This is the kind of class where you want to wear your good socks, the ones that don’t slip; your best workout headband — no bangs in the face…you know what we mean. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your EXPERIENCE.
- Arrive To Class Early. If you’re in the gym: get there early and set up your space, taking note of the equipment you’re using and grabbing different varieties you may need. If you’re at home: Zoom on in, load your playlist, set up your space, and make sure you can see AND hear your coach!
- Ask Questions. Feel free to ask questions, take a lower-or-higher-impact option, or scale the workout however you need – this is not a performance or a contest!
- Encourage Your Fellow MINT Members. Whether you’re on-screen or in person, cheer on your fellow classmates, and yourself! It’s always more fun — and research tells us we get better results — with positive reinforcement!
- Post-Class Review. After class, take stock of what felt good, what needed improvement, and what you want to try to work on. Each class is an opportunity to train and learn more about your body. If there was something you liked, tell the coach. If there was something that could’ve been better, let them know, too, or submit a feedback form, and maybe try a different instructor next time. MINT has a lot to offer!
For any of our seasoned members, do you have any tips to add? Let us know!