Chuck started taking spin classes in the ‘90s, long before they achieved the mass popularity they have today. At the time it was a very niche concept, but also a great way for him to train in the off-season for bike racing.
As an avid cyclist who had been riding and racing bikes for years, he decided to become a fitness instructor to share his experience with others and get more people interested in hopping on a bike.
His class is a tough, HIIT style workout with high cadence work, hill climbs, sprints and intervals to keep things interesting. It’s equally as effective for those who want to train hard or those who prefer to train at a less intense pace. Each class is different and you never know what’s in store until the music starts.
Outside of MINT, Chuck enjoys exploring the DMV by bike and has become a big believer in yoga for the stretching and balancing benefits. He eats a diet that is 95% healthy and 5% indulging because 100% healthy is just wrong and boring!
Cycle with Chuck Wednesdays at 7am.
Challenge Dates: 11/5-11/30
Ready to collect points while getting fit and having fun? Join our Fall Fitness Challenge! Members will strive to collect as many points as possible by attending in-club/virtual classes, trying new instructors, bringing guests & completing other activities from the point system; at the end of the month, prizes will be given to the top three participants who accumulate the most points! The more varied your workouts, the more points you collect!
- You must register yourself and your guest for the challenge via this form (no limit to how many guests you can register)
- Your guest will receive a confirmation e-mail after your registration and must create a profile in Mindbody and complete the Safety Screening form/upload proof of vaccination 24 hours prior to attending class
- Limit two guests per visit.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member. The member must stay on premise for the duration of the guest’s visit.
- Guests are subject to the same rules as members.
Fall Challenge Point System
- Taking a class = 2 points – A “new” class represents any class format you haven’t taken in 30 days.
- Taking a new class = 3 points – A “new” class instructor represents any class taught by an instructor who you haven’t worked with within 30 days.
- Bringing a friend to class = 5 points
- Taking a virtual class = 2 points
- Taking a new instructor = 3 points
- Posting a gym selfie (or virtual sweaty selfie) (& tagging MINT on Instagram) = 4 points This can be done on IG Stories or an In-feed post. MINT must be tagged in order to get the bonus point and your profile must be public. If your profile isn’t public, please screenshot the post and email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Yes! There are prizes for the top three winners PLUS the top winner will be able to gift their favorite instructor a community partner gift card!
Jeannie’s love affair with fitness began on the dance floor. In 2007, she started taking classes with Doonya — a Bollywood dance company. Jeannie loved the fun cardio workouts so much that she became one of the first instructors for their fitness offshoot. Now, she’s a master trainer.
Jeannie took her first barre class a decade ago in Los Angeles and was immediately hooked. She helped bring Barre Above training to DC (at MINT!) so she could become certified.
Barre classes generally include small, pulsing movements that focus on muscle endurance with high repetitions and low weights. At MINT, Jeannie’s classes start with a standing warm-up and core activation. Then, they move to the barre and center floor for an all-body workout designed to build strength, flexibility, and balance. Class ends on the mat with core work and a nice stretch to get you ready to conquer the rest of your day!
MINT Barre classes are hybrid, meaning she offers options with props at the gym or items you may have at home. Each class is both challenging and designed to leave you in a better mood (when you’re done silently cursing at the instructor during tough pulse segments!)
Jeannie loves that her group fitness classes provide a great way to stay active and build a sense of community. She’s had clients who met in class and ended up in each other’s bridal parties!
Outside of her own classes, she has used Braegan’s morning virtual MINT Flex and Power Playground to get through the pandemic. They are challenging, creative, and smartly designed. She also attends Myke and Shenandoah’s classes to round out her routine. She especially loves outdoor Power Playground on the Marie Reed Field to enjoy beautiful weather during a workout.
Jeannie still teaches Doonya regularly and is looking forward to the return of regular indoor classes and high fives.
You can take virtual or in-person MINT Barre with Jeannie regularly on Tuesdays at 7:15am.
Interested in becoming a MINT instructor? We’re currently hiring! Check out this blog post for more information.
Are you ready to be a MINT Instructor…?
The heart of MINT has always been signature classes and the talented instructors who lead these group workouts.
Our charismatic instructors elevate classes from physical experiences to epic mind-body journeys. Each MINT instructor has a unique teaching style. They’re athletes, performers, and confidants. They’re authentic, charismatic, raw, and magnetic. Whatever a member needs, whatever they’re looking for, our instructors help them find it!
MINT is special: It’s emotional, it’s physical, it’s a community. We’re a unique brand, and we’re looking for true quality instructors with tons of personality and skill who can command the attention of every attendee in the studio. We believe in freedom with structure. The most successful instructors are able to leverage their life experiences, unique personalities, and amazing playlists, to help members experience physical and mental breakthroughs. Are you up for the challenge?
Job Requirements And Skills
• Passionate, positive and hard-working individual with a love for health and fitness
• Strong Interpersonal communication and inspiring leadership skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Ability to lead with confidence
• HIIT or Group Ex Certification as relevant to teaching specific genres
• In your cover letter, please provide your availability, including days of the week and times, that you are available to teach
** Candidates with Personal Trainer Certifications may also apply for full-time trainer/instructor combination positions.
If interested please contact us at HR@mintdc.com and let’s get started!