New to yoga and wondering what some of the benefits are before taking your first class? Mint Dupont yoga teacher, Kelly Tobin asked some of her regular students to share one of the ways they benefit from including yoga into their fitness routine regularly.
Yoga quiets my mind and strengthens my body. I need both. – Melanie
Attending a regular yoga class (Kelly’s) has made me stronger. – Marianne
As a Hindu woman, it’s hard for me to find a yoga class that aligns with my spiritual practice. This class is that for me. I feel my body heat rising, my inner self shedding needed thoughts, and am so grateful to be in a safe space. Not all poses are available to me and that’s OK. That’s what a good yoga class is. Being able to listen to our bodies without compromising where we are in the moment. – Sangeetha
I like the attention to breath and alignment as well as the music and the ideas about yoga woven through the class. I feel like I get out of my head and into my body and I feel awakened and refreshed each time I walk out of class. – Stephanie
If you’re interested in seeing how practicing yoga benefits you we encourage you to sign up for a class this week!
By: MINT Yoga Instructor, Kelly Tobin
Never taken a Power Playground class but always wanted to try?
Intensity Director Roger Mack has some tips to make sure you’re prepared for your first class!
1) Do some Research before heading to a Power Playground Class so that you know what to expect. Understand what the class entails so that you have proper form to prevent against injuries.
2) Make sure you hydrate before class. You want to be hydrated enough to perform at your optimum best.
3) Fuel up before class! you want to eat something at least an hour before class. This will help avoid getting nauseous and gives you energy to power through the class. Avoid too much fat or fiber, which can upset your stomach while your’re working out.
4) Always introduce yourself to the instructor and let them know if you have any injuries or limitations before class starts.
5) Arrive 15 minutes early to class so that you are comfortable.
6) Listen to your body! Your trying something brand new so modify before trying to master a move or technique instantly.
7) Remember to Have FUN!
By: MINT Instructor Roger Mack
We are hosting an Open House weekend April 14 & 15. Bring your friends and family to tour the facility, drop in for a free class, and get to know some of our community partners! We will have exclusive offers this weekend only so don’t miss out!
Saturday, April 14: MINT Studios (1346 Florida Ave NW | Washington, DC 20009) noon-3pm
Sunday, April 15: MINT Dupont (1724 California St. NW | Washington, DC 20009) noon-3pm
Free Class Schedule:
4/14 – MINT Studio
Power Playground 1-1:30pm
Coach by Color Technology Cycle 2-2:30pm
4/15 – MINT Dupont
Power Playground 12-12:30pm
Dear MINT Members,
We have updated our class reservation standards to further encourage pre-registration. We’ve done this for a few reasons.
First, to maintain our general sustainability, we must run classes which actually have attendees! Being a progressive company, we are always exploring and trying new classes- some hit and some miss. Our new policy encourages pre-registration, which gives us maximum accurate information as to a class’s success rate.
Second, to maintain the resources to continue bringing you fresh programming (as well as maintaining awesome gyms), it’s our due diligence to not run classes to an empty room. Along with the new policy, more classes with extremely low or no registered attendees will be cancelled prior to class starting. This allows us to continue a weekly class that may have spotty attendance vs cancelling it altogether.
Lastly, related to above, most people don’t want to be in class alone; including instructors. The market for great instructors is very competitive; maintaining the best requires giving them active classes to lead.
We have zero interest in charging class related fees; that’s never been our business model and it’s not now. Please reserve with intent and cancel when you need.
- Class bookings and personal training appointments at MINT may be canceled or rescheduled when appropriate advance notice is given.
- You will be charged $5 for cancellations given within 6 hours of class start time. No-shows will be charged $13. Please try to notify us if your schedule changes so we can alert our instructors and make room for additional guests
- Please note that individual class occurrences without adequate registrations are subject to cancellation
- When reserving a spot for a non-member buddy, book yourself twice (note: computer only, cannot be double booked via MINT app). You are responsible for both yours and your buddies reservations per standard policies
- To change a class reservation or training appointment, use our app or log into your MindBodyOnline account.
We Thank you for being a valued MINT member!
I joined Mint in September when I moved here from Boston. My favorite part about Mint is that it is a non-judgmental and friendly community. When I first joined, I was recovering from an achilles tendon injury that prevented me from having a consistent exercise routine. My initial goal was to increase my strength and endurance, and now, six months later I even lost 30 pounds. I take Barre and POP Pilates classes with Kathryn and find her enthusiasm very contagious. Timea’s Pilates classes are challenging and so “Zen”. Both instructors have different approaches and both have really contributed to improving my overall health. I’m very grateful!