Bresni started working at MINT in December 2011 as a concierge at MINT Downtown. Over the years, Bresni has taken on several roles at MINT that has helped expand her knowledge within the fitness industry. Bresni’s vast experience, friendly personality, and go-getter attitude are all things that make her an incredible General Manager. She recognizes that it takes a village and she is incredibly appreciative of the amazing MINT team that she has had the pleasure of working with.
As the health and safety situation has evolved in DC, MINT’s health and safety considerations have evolved as well. As of July 2021, when you visit the club you can expect:
Clean, sanitized equipment – All equipment is thoroughly and frequently wiped down with top-grade disinfectant. You can read more about our standard of cleanliness here.
Masks for staff and non-fully vaccinated patrons. Fully vaccinated members are not required to wear a mask in the club but must upload a photo of their vaccination card to the safety screening form to confirm their vaccination. This must be done 24 hours before your visit.
7/30/2021 MASK UPDATE: Due to the most recent government mandates, starting Saturday, July 31st at 5 am masks must be worn indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Crowd control – Appointments are still required for entry to ensure everyone has plenty of room to exercise comfortably and maintain healthy traffic flow. We continue to offer more space per person than mandated by the government so we can prioritize health and safety.
Friendly faces are still here to greet you and answer any questions you have. Our staff, trainers, and instructors are excited to see you back in the gym and in class.
High quality gym experience – MINT is still proud to offer tons of cardiovascular equipment, fully-equipped weight training rooms as well as a new stretch space and Intensity studio. Members can use rent iPads in our various studios to access virtual classes on-demand at the club.
Indoor classes – Starting the week of July 5th we will be offering the following indoor/hybrid classes! Our team is working hard to increase the number of indoor classes.
- Monday 6:30pm RhythmRide with Taylore
- Tuesday 6:30pm PowerBox with Enrique (July 13)
- Wednesday 5:30pm RhythmRide with Erin
- Thursday 5:30pm and 6:30pm Power FLEX with Michael
- Friday 6:30pm RhythmRide with Taylore
- Saturday 8am Power Row with Braegan, 9am Power Playground with Braegan, and 11am RhythmRide with Ori
See the full schedule of indoor, outdoor, and virtual classes here.
Celebrate the 4th this year with a special MINTy deal! Get an Annual Gym+Classes All-Access Membership for $79/mo ($948 Paid-In-Full).
This deal is for new members only.
Offer ends on Monday, July 5th.
Stock up on your personal training sessions. We have a deal for everyone – go BIG or go SMALL.
BONUS! All of our nutrition packages are 50% off for first time purchases with the promo code: NUTRITION50
The heart of MINT has always been signature classes taught by high-quality instructors. We are a boutique fitness club doing business in the same location for 15 years.
Our charismatic instructors elevate classes from physical experiences to epic mind-body journeys. Each MINT instructor has a unique teaching style. They’re athletes, performers, and confidants. They’re authentic, charismatic, raw and magnetic. Whatever a member needs, whatever they’re looking for, our instructors help them find it!
MINT is special: It’s emotional, it’s physical, it’s a community. We’re a unique brand, and we’re looking for true quality instructors with personality and quality skills who can command the attention of every attendee in the studio. We believe in freedom with structure. The most successful instructors are able to leverage their life experiences, unique personalities and amazing playlists, to help members experience physical and mental breakthroughs. Are you up for the challenge?
Job Requirements And Skills
- A passionate, positive, and hard-working individual with a love for health and fitness
- Strong Interpersonal communication and inspiring leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to lead with confidence
- Ability to count to the music and distinguish beats
- Availability to teach multiple classes per week, including a weekend day
- Ability and desire to build lasting client relationships through outstanding customer service
- Plan and prepare diligently before each class
- Assist with keeping the study organized and tidy
- Barre, Reformer Pilates or Group Ex Certification as relevant to teaching specific genres
- Minimum of two years experience and able to lead classes of up to 25 students.
**The Pilates Reformer position is available part-time or full-time to work one-on-one with MINT clients in Private Pilates Reformer sessions in our Private Pilates Studio (Stott equipment). Reformer Pilates certification required from a reputable certifying organization. The Private Reformer instructor may also teach Mat Pilates Group Classes as available.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please provide your availability, including days of the week and times, that you are available to teach.
Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Full-time Reformer Trainers are eligible for company health care.
*Candidates with Personal Trainer Certifications may also apply for full-time trainer/instructor combination positions.
1724 California Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
MINT lost 2/3 of our members during the pandemic. The good news:
- We are recovering and seeing longtime members come back and new members join.
- We retained over half of our total payroll during the pandemic, over 30 jobs saved, and many more coming back now.
- The vast majority of staff who could not be retained during the pandemic had other full-time jobs.
We are very thankful overall, and ever thankful for your support!
Want to help us rebuild? Refer your friends, which is easier than ever in June:
- Join a buddy with our 2 for 1 promotion, or
- Add our popular FLEXGuest program to your membership for the first month FREE. Upgrade today!
As we navigate MINT through this enormous downturn and work to keep our amazing staff employed, we are more focused than ever on the most effective and efficient spending to maximize your experience.
A big expense for us is credit card processing fees, which feed the banks but presents no tangible benefit to you nor us. We’ve come up with a much more effective solution and a choice for you:
- Effective with all July dues going forward, each membership and FLEX personal training plan on recurring credit-card billing will see a $4 per transaction fee to help offset these fees.
DON’T WANT TO PAY THAT?
- Alternatively, if you choose to place your account on ACH, which costs MINT a fraction of credit card processing, you will avoid this fee entirely. Use our secure form here to make that change.
If you are already on ACH, you will not see any surcharge. If you’re not sure via what method you pay or have any questions, please reach out to either:
Many thanks for your support.
MINT Leadership Team
Patrick, Melissa, Bresni, Tina, Will, and Lindsay