- I have to have super strong legs and really great cardio conditioning to ride an indoor bike: Nonsense! The best part about indoor cycling is that it’s scalable for all levels. So wherever you are in a given day, that’s where you ride. You can adjust your cadence (RPMs) and your resistance level to make the ride easier or harder, and we have classes that model outdoor riding, as well as classes that are rhythm-based, and follow the beat of the music.
- The need for speed always wins in spin class: Indoor cycling is not just about racing! We climb hills, take power intervals, go for jogs…and in some classes, we even dance a little! Your instructor programs your class with specific cadence and resistance ranges designed to work specific muscles, some in the saddle, some out of it. If you’re only riding fast at a light resistance the whole time, you’re not getting nearly as much muscle benefit as you would be if you’re cycling between riding heavily and powerfully, too.
- I can’t ride, it hurts my butt too much: This is a common complaint! You can buy a seat cushion online that will definitely help — ask your instructor for more info. Similarly, if your feet, knees, back, or other joints hurt while riding, talk to your coach about bike setup. We can fix a lot of issues just by changing your settings!
- Indoor cycling is just for cardio junkies: You need a strong core, strong legs, and a strong butt to get that bike form working right — plus in many of our rhythm rides, we incorporate an arms song with light weights too. Come check it out!
From greeting and checking in class members, helping clients purchase services, and refilling our minty water – the Studio Assistant is a pivotal part of our daily operation and client success. This position incorporates top-notch customer service, organization, and logistics.
We are seeking hard-working individuals who are able to carry out the technical components of our studios, as well as provide top-notch guest services and sell the MINT experience, all while maintaining a positive and outgoing attitude. We look for friendly and organized people who have a passion for fitness. Genuine smiles and warm hellos are required!
*We are a Vaccinated Only facility, so qualified candidates must be fully vaccinated upon hire.
- Greet each and every guest with a warm hello and friendly smile EVERY time
- Practice safety and cleaning protocols
- Share membership options, class packages, and retail items to interested guests
- Set up the studio for each new class
- Ensure a smooth class check-in process
- Be proficient with our software
- Answer phone calls and assist with class registration
- Be a gatekeeper for studio processes
- Maintain studio organization, cleanliness, and tidiness
- Refill MINTy water pitchers
- Engaging all guests proactively – greetings, motivation, and support
- Communicate and exude MINT brand priorities in all that you do
- Work towards team goals in a positive and collaborative manner
- Participate in marketing/social media efforts by taking class “action” photos/video
- Assisting with laundry/folding towels and restocking locker rooms
- Be willing to complete all duties assigned by your manager
- Passion for health and wellness while exuding positive energy
- Previous customer service experience required
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Multi-task in high paced environment
- Collaborative skills and a performance driven team attitude
- Effective communicator, well spoken and mannered
- Friendly, outgoing personality is a must
- Use down time to prepare for busy periods – understand the importance and prioritize this.
- Combination of teamwork, and completely independent solo work is required.
- Ability to bend, reach, stand for long periods and lift/carry equipment a minimum of 25lbs.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Flexibility to work a combination of evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Part Time positions
- Weekly commitments of between 14 – 20 hours per week, with a minimum of 2 shifts a week.
- Our location hours range from 5am-11pm most days of the year!
- $15.20 per hour
- Free classes and club membership
- We typically look for a one-year commitment to the position but will consider six (6) during this ever-changing pandemic environment.
- Complimentary class and gym access on an appointment or virtual basis
- Progression opportunities in a growing company; we primarily promote from within
- Flexible schedules
- Unique and low-stress work environment
- Work environment that is motivating and supportive of your wellness goals
- Make a real difference in people’s lives!
- Community partner discounts and events
- Wear yoga pants to work
Shifts specifically available at the MINT Dupont location:
- Saturday evenings, 5-9pm, every week
- Subbing at least 2x a month
- Saturdays & Sundays, shifts between 7am-9pm
- Weekday evenings ranging from 5pm-11pm
- Preference is given to candidates able to work/sub a variety of shifts
- Send a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this position + resume to Melissa John, MINT Co-Founder and HR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Include your specific hours and days of weekly availability.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- We require a commitment of between 14 hours and 20 hours per week (two shifts a week ongoing is a minimum requirement – can include subbing).
- Tell us how many hours you are looking to work consistently each week
Check out our some of the features for the new LifeFitness Halo treadmills with virtual consoles!
Looking for a fulfilling career that allows you to help people achieve their health and wellness goals? Look no further than MINT! We are currently looking to hire full-time personal trainers for our talented team of professionals. Pursuing a personal training career at MINT allows you to join a team of top professional trainers, immerse yourself in a supportive, forward-thinking wellness environment, and receive a guaranteed $5,000/mo minimum earnings to start. Our top performers earn into the six figures!
Currently, we have ample unserved demand for the right trainers. Over the past few years, we’ve noticed an increase in interest and commitment to personal training from our membership and we’re looking to support our members the best we can – that means bringing YOU on to our team!
- Great communication skills and a genuine interest in helping clients achieve a sustainable fitness program.
- Motivation for a growing career with good time management and organizational skills.
- Professional integrity, dependability, and exudes a positive attitude
- BA/BS with a National Training Certification (example: NASM, ACSM, etc.) OR a national training certification and 2 years of experience (plus HS Diploma or GED).
Interested? Send your resume to Melissa John, MINT Co-Founder and HR Director (email@example.com) and we’ll schedule a Zoom interview. We look forward to welcoming you to the team.
Meet May Member of the Month, Justin Hartsell. Justin has been a MINT member for 6 years! When asked how his experience has been over the years he shared that he loves the attention to cleanliness (even pre-pandemic!) and how helpful the staff is. Additionally, he appreciates all of the efforts made during the pandemic to help him and his fellow members feel safe while working out.
Justin is dedicated to consistency. He aims to train at least four times a week! (Nice work!) Though he does admit that sometimes the hardest part is getting to the gym after a long day of work (which I think most of us can relate to).
Justin has had the pleasure of training with our personal trainer, Rasean. During their time together he admired Rasean’s coaching style which is encouraging, fun, and stress-relieving (insert ball slams, tire flips, and sledgehammer!).
When Justin isn’t working out on the gym floor he occasionally can be found trying out MINT’s cycle and yoga classes. He loves how talented and motivating the instructors are and appreciates that they’ll push you when needed while gently correcting your form.
The next time you see Justin, be sure to give him a wave and say hello!