What is Reformer Pilates? Reformer Pilates is similar, yet, very different from mat-based Pilates. Reformer Pilates is done using the Pilates reformer machine and is generally more intense and more dynamic with the use of resistance via springs which form part of the machine.
If you’ve never tried Reformer Pilates in the past here are 5 useful things to know before your first session from our Reformer Pilates trainer, Meg DiRuggiero!
- Doing Reformer Pilates may seem intimidating but it can actually be quite fun! The equipment moves with you and, at times, is used to assist you in doing some movements.
- The Reformer is a resistance machine that allows for a full-body workout with less stress on the joints.
- During your session, you can expect to use the spring tension to both challenge and support your core and spine.
- Squat variations, upper body work, isometric planks, and stretching will all be included during every session.
- Attachments and other equipment will be used throughout each session to supplement the Reformer exercise.
For a limited time, we are offering FREE 25-minute sessions for both members and non-members with Meg DiRuggiero. Members can attend a drop–in session on Mondays and Thursdays from 5-7pm. If that time doesn’t work for you please reach out to MegD@MintDC.com directly to coordinate!