Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve, etc, etc, etc. Whatever it is you celebrate, we hope you truly enjoy it and spend time with family and friends. But that doesn’t make you have to halt your active lifestyle.
MINT Ambassador, Erika, rounded up some creative ways to stay active during the holiday season!
5 Creative Ways to Stay Active During the Holidays
1. If you’re staying in DC, check out an indoor neighborhood pool.
2. Play with the kids! Got cousins, nieces and nephews? Put them to work!
- Play TAG! volunteer to be “IT” for a few rounds and see how many steps you can rack up.
- Everyone (read: kiddos) love a good human jungle gym! Get low, offer piggy back rides and superman flights (Note: Some height and weight restrictions may apply!)
3. Make your holiday gatherings a game!
- Every time you get asked an awkward question, do 5 pushups. (You know what we’re talking about! “When will you two get married?” “No kids yet?” “Do you really need another glass of egg nog?” and on, and on, and on….)
- Every time you go to a retail store, do 5 burpees
- Every time you hear a child crying, do 5 squats
- Every time you get asked, “Did you eat yet?” do a 60-second plank
- Every time you meet a new relative (baby, spouse, distant cousin…), do 5 jumping jacks
- Every time you go to a bar, 50 crunches
4. Dust off mom and dad’s throwback VHS/DVD workout videos and get your sweat on, old school style. Jazzercise, anyone?
5. If you’re heading out of town, or back to your hometown, pop into your local fitness club or studio (solo or grab a family member or friend) and ask about a visitor pass or short-term access membership.
Enjoy the upcoming holiday season – no matter what you’re celebrating!